This week on The Darwin Digest Soap Merchant, Lawrence Drake and Cathy Princess discuss epigenetics; what it is and what it means.
- 0.00.00 Introduction to epigenetics
- 0.06.11 Early epigenetic research and its history
- 0.10.00 lifelong (and beyond) effects of environment on genetics
- 0.14.55 Differences between human and bacterial epigenetics and why bacterial epigenetics are important
- 0.19.22 Phase Variation and a few examples
- 0.27.52 Bacteria causing methylation of OUR DNA 1
- 0.32.48 Nutrition and environmental effects on genetic variation and DNA methylation
- 0.42.07 How changes in our ability to sequence DNA have increased our understanding of genetics and where we go from here.
- 0.51.03 Schizophrenia and epigenetics.1 2
- 0.57.25 Epigenetics and the left 1
- 1.06.02 Epigenetic pseudoscience
- 1.21.21 Porphyromonas gingivalis was the bacteria seemingly able to reactivate some viral infections
- 1.22.05 Raymond Walters 1
Follow us on twitter @Darwindigest and feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, comments, episode suggestions or interesting papers.