This week on the Darwin Digest Cathy Princess, Soap Merchant and Lawrence Drake discuss the life, times and works of Charles Robert Darwin, (FRS FRGS FLS FZS) a man whose life work has defined the tone of the life sciences for the past century.
Follow us on twitter @darwindigest and feel free to email us at email@example.com with any questions, comments, episode suggestions or interesting papers.
- 0:00:00 Introduction and some housekeeping, we now have a twitter account follow us @darwindigest
- 0:01:11 The life of Charles Darwin
- 0:02:59 Wedgwood's family
- 0:18:19 The theory of natural selection as presented by Charles Darwin
- 0:33:18 The theory of sexual selection as presented by Charles Darwin
- 0:41:09 Genetic Drift
- 0:43:12 Punctuated equilibrium
- 0:46:13 The effect of Darwin on science today
- 0:56:45 Jared Taylor and Stefan Molyneux
- 0:58:42 European genetic bottleneck incoming?
- 1:02:36 Darwin was racist therefore evolution is wrong
- 1:11:42 A negative Flynn Effect in France, 1999 to 2008–9
Science Direct (abstract only)
Comment by Woodley and Dunkel (abstract only)